Affiliated Partners and Affiliated Partners Plus Programs
Professional societies and similar nonprofit membership and trade organizations can gain access to MentorNet's award-winning e-mentoring programs through the MentorNet Affiliated Partners and Affiliated Partners Plus Programs. The Affiliated Partners Program includes an exchange of mutually beneficial services agreed on by MentorNet and the Affiliated Partner, but no exchange of funds. By joining MentorNet in the Affiliated Partners Plus Program, engineering and scientific societies also enable their student members to participate in MentorNet's One-on-One Programs when the Affiliated Partner pays an annual fee.
MentorNet Affiliated Partners Benefit From:
- A tested, high quality, award-winning e-mentoring program to engage current and future professional members
- Visibility within a targeted community of engineers and scientists, nearly 60% of whom are college/university students
- Recognition for support of the advancement of women and others underrepresented in engineering, science, technology and math
- Recognition on MentorNet's web site and in associated collateral
- Networking opportunities with corporations, colleges and universities, government labs and agencies and other nonprofit organizations
MentorNet Affiliated Partners Are:
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations that have a mission related to advancing women and others underrepresented in engineering and/or science.
- Organizations interested in furthering MentorNet's mission and in their organization's active involvement in MentorNet's large electronic network and partnership among campuses, corporations, professional societies, and government.
- Organizations seeking to offer mentoring opportunities or enhance their mentoring opportunities, especially for women and others underrepresented in the engineering and scientific professions
Affiliated Partners Program:
While each partnership will be tailored to the individual partnering organization, here are a few examples of potential exchanges:
MentorNet might provide:
- Email text, brochures and/or other promotional material to assist with mentor recruitment.
- Press releases and articles for the Affiliated Partner's publications and/or web site
- The opportunity to place an item in MentorNet's newsletter (1x per year)
- Acknowledgement of this partnership arrangement on its web site and in promotional materials.
The Affiliated Partner might provide:
- A designated MentorNet liaison within the organization
- Communications within the organization to announce MentorNet's mentoring opportunities
- Institutional membership for MentorNet, or individual memberships for designated MentorNet staff.
- Registration for MentorNet representatives at meetings of the organization, and where feasible, no-cost or discounted exhibit space at appropriate meetings.
- Press releases and articles for MentorNet's web site and/or newsletter
Affiliated Partners Plus Program:
Scientific and technical professional societies can enhance their MentorNet partnership Affiliated Partners Plus program. This
program includes all the activities of Affiliated Partners plus it enables partner's student members to participate in MentorNet's award-winning One-on-One Programs, regardless of the college or university they attend.
- The opportunity for the partner's student members to participate in MentorNet's One-on-One programs.
- The ability to match student and professional members with one another.
- Up to the minute statistics and information on participants.
- The opportunity for the partner's student members to post their resumes in MentorNet's Resume Database.
The Affiliated Partner provides:
- An annual (12 month) partnership fee.
MentorNet's partnership fees are underwritten in part by corporate sponsorship. Please contact the Mentornet Director, Alejandra Velasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-296-4405 ext 27 to discuss membership fees.
- A designated representative within the organization to oversee:
- Communications to members interested in participating.
- Membership verification of participating students.
- Troubleshooting as needed.
MentorNet is actively seeking Affiliated Partners and Affiliated Partners Plus. For more information, contact MentorNet CEO and President David Porush at email@example.com.